Thursday, February 03, 2005

6.0mi approximate, 48:52

The Replacements, "I Will Dare"
The Replacements, "Answering Machine"
J.S. Bach, Fuga from Sonata No. 3 for unaccompanied violin in C major, BWV 1005

WX at 0700: 37 (3), DP 30 (-1), BP 30.26 (1024), winds NE 6, light rain, RH 74%

Odometer 2: 251mi

Z2. Resting heart rate before start = 59

My prediction about today's jump was accurate. It didn't happen, as it was raining at weather decision time.
I ended up going home and getting what I felt to be an easy run. If easy is an 8:09 pace or so (and there was absolutely nothing rushed about today's run) then I'm encouraged.

I was also wearing shorts for the first time in a while; the run started deceptively warm since the temperature dropped during the run. The humidity in the air and the low cloud cover helped retain heat towards the ground.

Had we been able to jump in the rain, I maintain today would've been pretty good...but the ceiling was probably too low for safety minimums.

Splits
None today. Overall pace ~ 8:09

No comments:

Post a Comment