Tuesday, February 01, 2005

5.1mi, 44:01

The Innocence Mission, "Someday Coming"
Michael Kamen, end credits to From The Earth To The Moon
an assortment of running cadences

Examples follow.

when I was a young boy
mama told me
go to the store
get what you need
got me a yo-yo
wound it up tight
now my little yo-yo's
going all night
(no, not one of the politically correct ones.)

when I go to heaven
Saint Peter's gonna say
how'd you earn your living boy
how'd you earn your pay...

(cavalry scout version)
...I replied with a yell and a shout

I made my living as a cavalry scout

(indirect fire infantryman permutation)
...I replied 'cause I got something to say
I made my living hanging rounds all day

(M1 armor crewman permutation)
...I replied with a whole lot of pride
I made my living on a 70 ton ride

when I go to hell
the devil's gonna say
how'd you earn your living boy
how'd you earn your pay
I replied with a fist to his face
I made my living filling up this place

C-130 rolling down the strip
plane blew a tire and the damn thing flipped
64 troopers trapped inside
barbecued, sizzled, Kentucky-fried

in 1814 we took a little trip
in an M3 Bradley rolling down the Mississip
and we shot our rifles 'til the barrels melted down
and we grabbed a couple grunts and we went a couple rounds
they were mentally able and were physically fit
but if you ain't cav, you ain't shit

Everyone has their acts of rebellion. I have mine.

WX at 0700: 30 (-1), DP 26 (-3), RH 30.33 (1027), winds NNW 7, RH 86%, wind chill 23 (-5)

Odometer 2: 245mi

Z2.
Resting heart rate before start = 59
Average heart rate during run ~ 155

For a run where I was supposed to be doing recovery pace, and one which was unbelievably easy in time, I'm still clocking an average 8:33 pace. I can live with that. I was looking for about 45 minutes of easy run, and I got it.

No run planned for Thursday since I'm planning on jumping. On the other hand, it's supposed to rain that day. I will have the ass if that happens again (0 for 4 in my last attempts to jump)

Splits
1.5 12:44 12:44 08:29
2.1 31:17 18:33 08:50
1.5 44:01 12:44 08:29 08:33

No comments:

Post a Comment