Saturday, February 19, 2005

The South By Southwest Connection

I was farting around on the WWW before starting my run this morning and decided to pull up South by Southwest. While there are other events associated with SXSW, the part I always will hold dear is the music festival. My first year on active duty was marked by attendance at SXSW '95 and that's a powerful reason to consider settling in Austin.

Bands I would consider seeing...
American Music Club
Jon Auer (of the Posies)
Mary Lou Lord (who was an unscheduled busker in '98 when I last went)
Magnapop
New Model Army (who absolutely fucking rocks)
The Reputation
Amy Rigby (formerly married to Will Rigby of the dB's)
Chris Stamey (formerly of the dB's, among others)

And unbelievably, Grey De Lisle, who I normally associate with Clifford the Big Red Dog as the voice of Emily Elizabeth.

More to follow when I have time to elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment