Monday, January 06, 2014

7.0mi on dreadmill, 62:44, 6 JAN 14, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 45 of the campaign.

iThink:
Attack in Black, "Liberties"
Journey, "Only the Young"
Queen, "Don't Stop Me Now"

WX at Midnight (5) Jan 06 35 (2) 6 (-14) 30.15 (1021) Variable 3 haze

Odometer 13B: 90.2mi

Z3. Average/max heart rate = 153/169

I seriously dislike running on the dreadmill, but the circumstances of being in a postage stamp-size base don't leave me much recourse. Because I showed up to Afghanistan with little in the way of light reading (not expecting to do it) the challenge was what to occupy my mind when I was on the mill.

Most of it was recollections of certain people a long time ago, and a long way away. Some I don't remember fondly at the end, some I do, but it's the first time I think I've thought back to that much memory of certain people at once. I need something else the next time I do this.

Also, today was intended to be wogging, and while it didn't feel like it, it's the most tempered workout I've done in a long while.

It also doesn't feel like 45 days.  At all.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
7.00 62:44 62:44 08:58 08:58 7.00

No comments:

Post a Comment