Monday, January 20, 2014

6.0mi on dreadmill, 51:16, 20 JAN 14, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 59 of the campaign.

iThink:
The Wannadies, "Shorty"
The Wannadies, "Might Be Stars"

WX at 10 AM (15) Jan 20 37 (3) 17 (-8) 30.21 (1023) ENE 5 haze

Odometer 13B: 114.0mi

Z4 high. Average/max heart rate = 164/183

Today is the first decent interval I've had at work in about two weeks, when I assumed duties as the acting director of my organization here. The director returned this morning and promptly repacked to roll out on official travel. As a result, work has SUBSTANTIALLY slowed down and I am starting to get some sanity back.

I decided to celebrate with a hard run, one that I wasn't sure I really felt up to, but realied it was going to be a gut check after the first two miles. I didn't feel great, but I didn't feel bad.

Until mile 4 or so. Then the grit-a-thon began, and to add insult to injury, it was on a dreadmill. It's the first time since I've been here that I've had to stop, get water, slow down, and speed back up.

At least I got it in. There was substantial temptation that today was going to turn into another "Do Nothing But Eat" day, but I couldn't afford it after yesterday.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
6.00 51:16 51:16 08:33 08:33 6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment