Friday, January 24, 2014

5.0 on dreadmill, 44:03, 24 JAN 14, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 63 of the campaign.

iThink:
Archers of Loaf, "Backwash"
For Against, "Stranded in Greenland"
For Against, "Clandestine High Holy"

WX at 9 AM (14) Jan 24 42 (6) 19 (-7) 30.21 (1023) Variable 6

Odometer 14A: 5.2mi

Z3 high-Z4. Average/max heart rate = 163/176

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was a day of middling but not crushing effort.

I'm also trying to get over my general dislike of several NATO military forces, starting with the Italians. They didn't seem to contribute much my last tour and they don't seem to do much this time around either. Unfortunately, they're the ones running the NATO automation help desk here and I predict a giant sucking sound coming from HQ ISAF as the quality of customer service goes straight down the fucking shitter.

I don't suffer fools well, but I really don't suffer fools well in uniform because I expect better. Oh well. At least they're not in charge. The fact that there are a lot of eaters and shitters in this compound is unavoidable. I just never want to work with another NATO mission again.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
5.00 44:03 44:03 08:49 08:49 5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment