Monday, August 20, 2012

~5.06mi, time indeterminate, 18 AUG 12, Fairfax, Virginia

iThink: None.

WX at 09:55 Vrbl 3 10.00 Fair CLR 75 62 65% NA NA 29.93 1013.6

Odometer 12A: 193.1mi

Z3/Z4. Average/max heart rate = no reading

I was haring for the Mount Vernon HHH's 1333rd run. This was appropriate, since the lead hare was one of my coworkers (and a good friend) in Iraq and Afghanistan and figured a 101st Airborne-themed hash would be a good thing. All the hares were 101st veterans, and since the activation also coincides with National Airborne Day (16 August) I could claim some paratrooper pride.

As far as trail design it was good. I thought it did a good job of keeping the group together, although there were some obstinate folks who wanted to walk the runners' trail, leading to some monster stragglage. No matter.

That said, I don't feel as interested in hashing as I used to, although some of this I could chalk up to other pressures as of late. I have gotten old and cranky, so I may be less amenable to some of the hash culture.

Splits, none, but I'd guess about an hour of running and some walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment