Thursday, April 16, 2009

4.8mi, 46:58, 15 APR 09, Fort Campbell, Kentucky

Day 428 of the campaign.

iThink: none.

WX at 0600: no reading.

Odometer 4: 164.7mi

Z2.
Average/max heart rate = no reading.

I was out doing PT for the first time in a while with a guy who had the moniker of Gunny, as the oldest guy in our plans section - from the last deployment, not this past one. He's been letting me live out of his place for the last few days as I get ready to boogie out of Fortress Campbell.

He runs pretty slowly, but that's a result more of extensive surgery on his back and shoulder more than being big. He cracked his back (I believe through a stress fracture) and then also had some work done on his right shoulder from an old football injury from a unit PT event a few years ago.

He doesn't run much (once every few months or so) but he's still out there bringing heat, which isn't bad for the amount of reconstructive work he's done.

Gunny also punishes me through a fairly disciplined lifting and core strength program that he's refined through his evolutions through physical therapy. He did three years ago in Iraq - no better opportunity than now to get back on the stick. This is something I need to sustain when I get back home.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
4.80 46:58 46:58 09:47 09:47 4.80

No comments:

Post a Comment