Wednesday, August 03, 2005

less than a mile

Nothing in the iThink this morning.

WX at 0600: 70 (21), DP 64 (18), BP 30.01 (1016.1), W 5 fair, RH 82%

Odometer 3: 157mi

Z1.
Resting heart rate before start = 54 (135/87)

I'm going to venture a guess that I overtrained this past weekend. After a short 3 miler on Monday, followed by no running yesterday, I just couldn't get in the saddle today and pulled the plug just short of a mile.

My legs, even at the start, were smoked. This is a bad, bad, bad sign. When I look back at what I did at the end of last week (full speedwork on Thursday, 7mi on Friday, fairly hard, followed by a lengthy hash over a LOT of hills, some almost vertical, then 8 miles of fairly advanced trail going up and down), I realized I should've taken it easier.

I may have to hold my speedwork until Friday to see if I can make it work this week. Plan will be for some easy running tomorrow, maybe for five.

Splits
None.

No comments:

Post a Comment