Monday, August 29, 2005

4.78mi, 41:19

Michael Kamen, "Austria" from Band of Brothers
Random running cadence from Band of Brothers
We pull up on the risers and we fall down on the grass
We never land upon our feet, we always hit our ass
Good God, Christ Almighty, who the Hell are we?
Zim zam, God damn, airborne infantry!

WX at 0700: 71 (22), DP 69 (21), BP 30.00 (1015.8), calm fog/mist, RH 94%

Odometer 3: 179.3mi

Z3 low.
Resting heart rate before start = 58 (119/82)

And no, I'm not an infantryman...but I have been a paratrooper for a while, and a large chunk of what I did was almost indistinguishable from what people outside the airborne community thought infantrymen did anyway.

I was using DVD Decrypter this morning to generate some video clips and was culling from my Region 3 set of Band of Brothers. Thank god for Remote Selector that makes my DVD-ROM region free, Macrovision-free, turns off all lockouts, and doesn't cost a cent...and of course, I'll be stripping out all CSS, RCE, and Macrovision in my finished products. Ha.

Today was an exercise in very controlled pace. I wanted to run at barely aerobic effort just to see what pacing felt like at a certain pace. I was probably going a little faster than I probably should've for marathon pace, but I think I need to get my game plan in order Real Soon Now so I'm actually progressing along a plan.

Splits
Incomplete ones this morning:
halfish: 5:04
1: 13:42 (8:37)
2: 22;22 (8:40)
3: 30:49 (8:27)
didn't take any others: 41:19

No comments:

Post a Comment