Sunday, December 08, 2013

7.0mi on dreadmill, 60:51, 8 DEC 13, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 16 of the campaign.

iThink:
Billy Bragg, "Sexuality"
Loquat, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"
Dum Dum Girls, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"

WX at 4 AM (9) Dec 08 48 (9) 41 (5) 30.15 (1021) E 7 mist

Odometer 13A: 394.0mi

Z4. Average/max heart rate = 166/179

After pigging out last night, I had occasion to sleep in because I was way the hell up too late last night. Thus, I decided of my own accord to get at it with a vengeance, and ran 7 on the dreadmill at what I thought was going to be about aerobic threshold pace, but turned instead into a tempo run after the first two miles. Of course, by that time I was committed, so I was going to grind out the pace to the best of my ability, which got me to about 6.9mph or so.

It remains to be seen whether I have enough discipline to lay off eating, which I think is starting to happen as I stay here longer, but I need to be much more diligent about actually running or doing something. My knees were feeling it all yesterday long, so I figure the dreadmill, as much as I hate it, is going to be the way to go.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
7.00 00:51 00:51 08:42 08:42 7.00

No comments:

Post a Comment