Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Informal work

Ordinarily, an absence of posts on the runlog might indicate that I've been slacking.  That's the case only inasmuch as I haven't run.  What I've been doing is walking my ass off the last week as I commute to my new job in the Pentagon.

I will never complain about walking to a parking spot ever again.

The difficulty of parking a vehicle around the Pentagon led me to drive to Fort Myer today, then ride the bus back.  Sitting around for over half an hour waiting for the bus to arrive meant that I decided not to take the bus back and I decided to walk.  The other guys at the office said it takes about 45 minutes, so I decided to hoof it.  Gmap Pedometer says 2.34mi, so that explains my feeling rather chuffed at the end of today.

I still need to figure out a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment