Monday, October 19, 2009

The Coolest Thing Ever

I have to admit, I don't see too many professional academics who can also claim to have been a Syracuse lacrosse player. As someone who grew up in the 1980s, and remember seeing Bacharach Rasin helmets, STX SAM and Brine Superlight 2 sticks as a 4th grader, it's always interesting to see those memories of my childhood...and others. I didn't start learning how to play lacrosse until I was in 6th grade. At that point I largely taught myself, so I never really developed much in the way of skills. It would take a combat deployment to Iraq before I really learned how to throw left-handed.

I never would've thought that I would've ended up at Johns Hopkins when I got my first STX Laser-Lite back in 1984. How strange things are after 25 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment