Sunday, March 30, 2008

7.8mi, 63:58, 30 MAR 08, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 47 of the campaign.

iThink:
The Bats, "Courage"
Juliana Hatfield, "Rider"
Aly & AJ, "Chemicals React"

WX at 1930: 62 (17) DP 24 (-4) BP 30.00 (1016) NW 29 RH 23

Odometer 1: 220.1mi

Z3-Z4.

Today was not intended to be a particularly fast run - but I had a lot of energy from doing Nothing But Eating over the last few days.

The Intrepid Coworker had intended on a longer run, so he did a full lap, then met me about 2/3 of the way around the airfield where we are. I had the benefit of running with a tailwind for much of today, and by I very nearly hit a PR. I didn't feel like I had started all that fast - which frankly bodes well for the future.

I was thankful that the Intrepid Coworker decided to pace me in - this was one of the strongest finishes I've had in a long while.

This is more than I can say about the Johns Hopkins lacrosse team, which has been having a bad, bad, season. Losing four games in a row is a bad trend for the defending national championships. It would be catastrophically bad if the team did not make the NCAA Division I championships...which I can actually foresee.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
7.78 63:58 03:58 08:13 08:13 7.78

No comments:

Post a Comment