Sunday, July 01, 2007

3.5mi hash, time indeterminate, 30 JUN 07, Clarksville TN

WX at 1500: 79.2 (26.2) DP 70.0 (21.1) BP 30.08 (1018) NE 12 RH 74

Odometer 3: 335.7mi

Z4.

I was a hare for this hash, and it was a good one.

I had a difference of philosophy with my co-hare, who was into the "social" aspects of haring and hashing. This became apparent from step off as I was going to run the group from where we were originally going to start, thus extending the trail. She didn't want to do so.

The other aspect which is a significant departure of philosophy was that when I lay trail, I will try to punish the FRBs (Front Running Bastards) as much as possible. The intent behind punishing FRBs is to keep the trail together and compensate for what can be wildly differing levels of ability, as was the case today. My co-hare does not subscribe to that philosophy, but I grew up hashing where there were a LOT of fast people and keeping the group together was of paramount importance.

Unfortunately, I laid a bad trail on the reverse slope of a hill - one which enabled the pack to visually acquire us as we were going uphill further away. It effectively cut off a mile and a half from the group, but the group came in two packs, so it worked out. Unfortunately, the FRB caught us both. Oh well.

Finally, the weather reading is deceptive. It was hot.

Splits
Not relevant!

No comments:

Post a Comment