Monday, January 24, 2005

7.75mi, 66:04

The Bats, "Courage"
The JudyBats, "She's Sad She Said"
The Bats, "Straight Image"

WX at 1300: 37 (3), DP -2 (-19), BP 30.23 (1023), winds SW 9, RH 18%, sunny

Odometer 1: 255mi

Z3. No resting heart rate today; left the heart monitor at the house. It probably wouldn't be a legitimate resting heart rate anyway since I'm at work and this was one of the more hellaciously busy Mondays in recent memory.

I've been quite weenielike in the last few days. Yesterday would have marked a long run had I not had a competing demand of a paper I've been meaning to write for a correspondence course. I'd been sitting on the paper for about a month and it was time to kill it off so I can get to the business of actually finishing the course. In the meantime, my last bit of physical activity is solely what this blog says, so it's been FIVE FUCKING DAYS. That I can only average an 8:35 after five days of larditude is pretty goddamn pathetic.

No Hindu squats. I probably need to restart them.

I made the mistake today of wearing too much clothing for the run. For it only being 37 degrees it sure felt a lot warmer. It was warm enough today (from feel) that I probably could have gotten away with just wearing shorts. Of course, 37 is pretty warm given the sub-freezing temperatures that have been the norm in the last week.

I attribute the monstrously negative splits to the fact that this run is mostly uphill. Ugly, large grade percentage uphills.

Of course, I offset any benefit I would've gotten from this run by inhaling two McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers less than a half hour after completion. Damn, they were tasty.

I run what I run so I can eat what I eat. Ha.

Splits
3.38 32:58 32:58 09:45
1.98 49:57 16:59 08:35
0.93 58:19 08:22 09:00
0.99 66:04 07:45 07:50 08:31

3 comments:

  1. What's a Hindu squat, now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a hyperlink on the 18 January listing.

    Suffice it to say it's a deceptively evil exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, too much work...

    ReplyDelete