Monday, October 27, 2014

Record APFT, 300 points, 27 OCT 14, Kabul, Afghanistan

Today is day 339 of the campaign.

iThink: Journey, "Only the Young" (which I most certainly am not anymore)
The Reputation, "The Stars of Amateur Hour"

WX at 10 AM (14) Oct 27 57 (14) 39 (4) 30.21 (1023) N 22G36 light rain showers

Odometer 14B: 107.5mi

Z4. Average/max heart rate = no reading

70 pushups, 75 situps, 13:59 or so run. Today reaped 5 days of doing nothing but eating. That's good, because this was the first PT test in literally over a year, and it marked some of the gustiest weather I've seen in a while.   Thus, it was a recipe for all kinds of Death by Misfortune on the PT test. I'm just glad I have it over with.

I guess I should continue to do squats and leg presses while I have the opportunity.  I attribute some of my additional speed to that regimen.  The pushups and situps were their usual, so I was in good shape on those.

I'll take another PT test when I get back into CONUS, but that's so I can see how I'll do at sea level rather than at almost 6,000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment