Monday, March 14, 2011

4.66mi, 54:54, 14 MAR 11, Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia

iThink: Chicane, "Autumn Tactics" (End of Summer remix)

WX at 1900: 48.9 (9.4) DP 28.0 (-2.2) BP 30.36 (1028) Calm RH 44

Odometer 11A: 5.0mi

Z4.
Average/max heart rate = 159/179

I got new ASICS GT-2160 trail shoes, which certainly feel nice and I'm sure my knees won't hurt like hell like my previous shoes which were going on two years old. I was loath to replace them, but I also realize I don't run anywhere near as much as I used to, so maybe alternating shoes maybe isn't such a great idea until I start running more.

Still, I wanted to run trails, and there's a great trail network at Quantico, which completely ran me ragged. I was running by myself and realized two things:

1 - I miss trail running - few opportunities to do it and it is a reminder of when I was younger, faster, and leaner.
2 - I'm not so proud as to kill myself trying to get uphill in some places. When I feel like I'm redlining, it's time to walk. Maybe I'll feel froggier, but not today, not the first time exercising in literally an ENTIRE WEEK.

Discrepancy is guesstimate since I ran most of one of the trail segments with the timer off. I don't know how long it was, but I know I was out for more than an hour.

That said, I can feel my ankle throbbing, so it's time for the nightly constitutional, otherwise known as Celebrex.

Arthritis at the advanced age of 37, awesome. Better living through chemicals, hoorah, kill.

Hell no, I'm not recording splits from this one. Not with over a total of 3,000 feet in elevation change in this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment