Thursday, October 02, 2008

Distant memory

I grudgingly claim to be a member of Facebook. As a result, I was witness to a photo I hadn't seen, ever, and was from the fall of 1990, when I was a lot younger, thinner, and perhaps a bit more idealistic. It is amazing how many memories get sharply brought back after over a decade of dormancy.

It also reinforces how certain songs get imprinted in your memory because the first thing that came to mind, bizarrely enough, was an old Game Theory song, "Bad Year at UCLA." I remember that mostly because I'd bought their album Tinker to Evers to Chance when I had met the person who I ended up taking to this event.

These are strange things to remember almost two decades after the fact, but life gets strange in Afghanistan.

Except I'm not in Afghanistan. I'm headed back to the USA on emergency leave since Household6 is in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment