Friday, August 08, 2008

~3.5mi, about an hour, 7 AUG 08, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 177 of the campaign.

iThink: None

WX at 2230: 84 (29) DP 28 (-2) BP 29.71 (1006) N 17 RH 13

Odometer 3: 154.7mi

Z3-Z4 segments.
Average heart rate before start = 153

After the last hash debacle, I decided to hare the next one. This one was a lot better received. Ironically, we only had about 8 people show up, and while I was worried about getting caught, I had scouted a pretty well-thought out trail and my cohare was prepared as we had talked through how we were going to lay the trail.

The end result was a fairly enjoyable trail, although there were segments that I really had to hotfoot because we had long straightaways, which is dangerous for hares.

There's something to be said about prior preparation and planning for trail - and although getting everything together was painful - it all paid off in the end...

Splits
None really.

No comments:

Post a Comment