Sunday, April 27, 2008

~5.0mi, 54:01, 27 APR 08, Bagram, Afghanistan

Day 75 of the campaign.

iThink:
Game Theory, "Drive"
Veruca Salt, "Awesome"

WX at 0830: 64 (18) DP 23 (-5) BP 30.06 (1018) WNW 14 RH 20

Odometer 2: 101.4mi

Z2-3.

I felt like total and complete crap this morning...which might partly be due to it being my first run back since returning from Qatar.

4,890 feet is officially no joke. I am not kidding if I think I was running slower than 10:00/mile.

Of course, the other contributing factor was a 22km/h headwind for most of the run, but I've been so used to running in the afternoon and evening that I wasn't very hydrated. The skinny is that I need to spend about an hour prior to the run actually getting water in. Starting off with a dry mouth is not a good sign.

I've also been lifting certain things I haven't in the past, so that's another contributing factor. Still, between winds, general lack of conditioning, and the fact that I've managed to gain something like six pounds in the last two weeks, not good indicators...

No splits warranted for a run this slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment