Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10,000m on Concept2 Model D, 43:50, 15 APR 08, As Sayliyah, Qatar

Day 63 of the campaign.

iThink:
Bear McCreary, "Violence and Variations"

WX at 1700: 82 (28) DP 60 (16) BP 29.83 (1010) NNE 10 RH 47

Odometer 2: 70.0mi equivalent.

Z3 high.

Today marks my return to Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar, for work-related reasons. It sure is weird being back here after a month. It's even weirder since the room in which I'm billeted is all of one room removed from where I stayed with The Intrepid Coworker (now back at home) a month ago. Wacky.

I can definitely feel being back down at sea level - but the real proof of the pudding is going to be when I go running. Today marked the first time spinning on the Concept2 (and the gym here has not only a Model C, but also a Model D, so naturally I went to the Model D) in a while. I noticed the drag factors go up dramatically as the air gets thicker, which is consistent with the way a Concept2 is supposed to work. I still had to work my ass off to get what I considered an acceptable time.

I sure wouldn't mind buying a Concept Model C or something like it - but it may have to wait until after I get back home from this long deployment.

Splits
Distance: 10000
Time: 0:43:50
Per 500m: 02:11
Drag Factor : 200
Per Mile: 0:07:03

No comments:

Post a Comment