Thursday, June 28, 2007

5.3mi, 45:58, 27 JUN 07, Fort Campbell KY

Nothing in the iThink.

WX at 0800: 72.7 (22.6) DP 70.5 (21.4) BP 30.2 (1022) SSW 6 mist RH 93

Odometer 4: 121.0mi

Z3.

Today's PT event was a little unusual. I had attended a unit PT function with about 25 others soldiers that entailed running from place to place in what had once been a secret nuclear weapons storage and assembly facility. The speaker was a little long-winded, but it was some interesting history. It is perhaps an indicator that the best places to run around here are all on post. Clarksville itself is not really a runner-friendly city if the way the city is built is any indicator.

The run started as a formation run, which was pretty slow - the last time I did a formation run was the Division run during the 82d Airborne Division's All-American Week in 2002 (see right). (Yes, that really is the formation in the far background of the photo...which is what 14,000 people running all at once looks like!) The last part was a release run, which was done at a little faster pace than I think I would've liked. I was in a group and I needed to not get dusted. My coworkers are for the most part in better shape than me. This is fixable, but it gives me a lot of incentive to work this a lot harder.

Splits
SGMT AGGRG SEGMT PERMI AVGPC DIST
5.30 45:58 45:58 08:40 08:40 5.30

No comments:

Post a Comment