Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Record APFT, 289 points, 6 OCT 10, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas

iThink: Journey, "Only the Young"

WX at 0600: 48.9 (9.4) DP 44.1 (6.7) BP 30.26 (1024) SSW 7 RH 83

Odometer 3: 122.0mi

Z4 high.
Average/max heart rate = no reading

The last few weks have been hallmarked by a general lack of physical exercise. The only exercise I've traditionally done is cycling to work and back. As a result, I was pleasantly surprised at grinding out what I got this morning.

I've traditionally gotten 100 in the pushups and situps without much formal training, but I attribute that to a lot of muscle memory. The run was more problematic and I found that I didn't suck as bad as I thought I might. Of course, cycling is better than nothing. I feel vindicated for cycling my way in and out to work.

I'm still going to get taped for body fat percentage since I tapped the scales at 185 pounds. Ha ha.

I did almost as little formalized training for this one as I did for the last PT test I took in May, and the environmental conditions were not much different. Why I did better is a mystery.

My knees did hurt a bit after the run, though. Aging sucks. It also doesn't change the fact that my last deliberate workout was over a week ago. Sad, sad, sad.

Splits
Pushups: 76 in 0:58
Situps: 77 in 1:30
Two mile run: 14:52

No comments:

Post a Comment