Monday, October 11, 2010

The joys of moving

The last two weeks have been spent in preparation for this past weekend. Although I'd prepositioned all kinds of stuff at the new house (about 5-6 minivan-loads), most of the heavy lifting was done on Saturday when we hired Two Men and A Truck to move us. Three guys came out from Blue Springs, MO, and did a bang-up job moving us.

It might have cost us just a bit over $1000 (they charge by the hour and their methods are geared towards less breakdown and more moving, which places a greater premium on actually getting things packed properly beforehand), but they were exceptionally professional and were true to their word. Every bit as professional as I would've expected of them.

That doesn't change the fact that a sizeable amount of minivan-portable stuff was still left at the old house, and I spent most of yesterday and today moving stuff.

Good part of it is that almost all of it is minivan-portable. Better part of it is that I've managed to lose some six pounds in the last week, and I don't think it's just water weight either.

Whether I keep that weight off remains to be seen. I am pretty beat and have two books to read in the next two days.

To quote some of my former coworkers from Combined/Joint Task Force 82 back in 2008...

HIGH OCTANE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment