Monday, October 25, 2010

My lack of physical exercise continues...

But I found this address from the current Superintendent of the Naval Academy, of all places, remarkably motivating...and I'm not even a Naval Academy graduate, nor am I a member of the Sea Services. What I do find amazing is this crystalline description of what USNA exists for, what it is, and where it's going. Those are the vision statements I have come to expect from the best senior leadership, regardless of service.

In two parts. Part 1, and part 2. Enjoy.

I have to put in a plug for Commander Salamander, which is why I even knew about the speech. Yes, I RSS the US Naval Institute's blog, to which he posts. I don't see similar professional forums like that in the Army. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but USNI has been like that since I started reading its Proceedings back in the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment