Tuesday, April 26, 2005

5.0mi, 41:09

Armor for Sleep, "Car Underwater"
The Reputation, "Let It Rest"
The Reputation, "Face It"
George Fenton, Memphis Belle End Title Suite

WX at 0600: 55 (13), DP 37 (3), BP 29.9 (1012), winds SSW 6, RH 50%

Odometer 2: 355mi

Z2-3.
Resting heart rate before start = 51 (126/81)

A good recovery run over an easier course. The first half was slow and I almost entertained the idea of stopping after the first 2.5mi loop. Better sense relented, and I loosened up by the second half, as manifest by the significant negative split.

I think I'm starting to get stale, as my desire to wake up early decreases daily. I would hope that some legitimate self-discipline would be in order, since I'm planning on running the Fort Bragg 10-Miler in early June.

I don't much care for the new course (essentially an out-and-back A-to-A run), but it'll be nice to get out of running by myself and actually get a little competitive. This will warrant some change in training regimen, although I desperately need to get some speedwork in. I just have to figure out how.

I realized this morning part of my reason to tiptoe around the house in the mornings isn't with us anymore. Habits die hard after the loss of a longtime companion (6 years, in this case), but I'm not ready to let go yet.

Splits
2.5 21:07 21:07 08:27
2.5 41:09 20:02 08:01 08:08

No comments:

Post a Comment